Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

THE LOOK!...


MAG #107

As a child:
Things, looking at them with amusement.
People, with admiration...
As beautiful as they are fantastic.

As a teenager,
Things, "I like that"
"I want that" as i do not know the
difference between need and want.
People, dreaming of what i want to be
when answering,
"what and who am I
when grow up?
or "when will I have my say?"

As a young adult:
Things, became obsessed with it.
Never thinking of the future.
Cannot be left alone in a store
as I tend to grab whatever is there.
What a waste of resources...
People, do not bother me at all.
I care for what I want to grab and
became materialistic.

At thirty five:
Things, OMG! I have all the waste
All the garbage
stocked everywhere in the house.
People, looking at them with insecurity.
Those people that I admire most
and peers seems so big that not
even my two eyes can take a look
of their whole being,
Even just their picture.
And I feel so small compared to them.

And 6 years after,

At forty-one:
Things, well! Not too late,
Finally able to define needs and wants,
And it is making life easy and comfy.
Learned that they are not the most important things.
People, ahhh so much to say.
Sad to see the young who are experiencing
What i had been through.
Making the same mistakes.
Hoping they too will wake up one day
That it is not to late to change life and lifestyle.
And....
Happy to see myself getting close to what I want and need
and close to what they have
Referring to those who i have been admiring when i was young.
Not as big as them, but,
good enough for what I dreamed of then.

Posted for Magpie Tales
Picture will be posted later.

Thanks JC [link] for editing this for me... :-) i appreciate it so much!.

Help: do not know how to attach pic using my iPad2

Happy blogging everyone...
Blessed Sunday
And
Great week ahead...


25 comments:

  1. jj!!! i enjoyed the overview you share here of how we see ourselves in relation to the skin of this world . . . steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is very nice to read. Loved it. Thank you for sharing. I am a haiku poet so I don't write long verses, but your's is wonderful.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes one want to know more...
    Your real experiences, your true self, an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You grew as you wrote; we can sense that you are comfortable now with how and who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You led us by the hand through life, well at least a major portion of it. Many may even be able to relate to the benchmarks you had indicated. Provocative but true! Great write!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always we see 20/20 in hindsight.
    rel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice multi-layer take ! cool changing perseptions
      thanks.

      Delete
  7. maturity changes everything doesnt it...what was important once no longer is and we see things with much fresher eyes in some ways....really nice walk through life in this jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really interesting! I like the approach that you took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I just write what comes in mind after seeing the photo... The form, the approach.... Truth, i do not know any...

      Delete
  9. Thoughtful piece. Well done!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progression! Re iPad 2--if you press on the image slowly, a little window will come up that gives you the option to save or copy the image. (Save image.) I always do the save image option. Then the image appears in my photos and I upload it into the blog. On the iPad, I tend to write with the Wordpress App, which is free, but you could probably also do it straight from whatever dashboard you use. Ciopying should also work, but I've never tried that. Good luck, K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having a hard time commenting, agh!

    First, great progression.

    Second re iPad2--I press the image slowly. A box comes up asking you whether you want to save or copy the image or open in a new page. I press save image. That takes it to my photos. Then I upload it into the blog. Copy may also work, but I've never done that. I tend to use the Wordpress App when writing on the iPad, though it's not necessary. k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried it and it did paste... But i cannot make it small though... It occupies my whole monitor... Hahahaha... A new thing learned... Awesome!..

      Thank you very much!..

      Delete
  12. And the view keeps changing...

    Life is an interesting thing.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so true. "Good enough for what I dreamed of them..." Who knows what the future will bring? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. With age comes wisdom...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the progression of your perspectives...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reminded of Sinatra's 'It was a Very Good year.'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear JJ:
    "Finally able to define needs and wants,
    And it is making life easy and comfy."

    You are very smart to realize this in your youth. It is so important. I'm still working on this...as I find things are a'changin'~

    ReplyDelete

Your comment are highly appreciated!.. Maraming Salamat Po!..