Pages

Followers

Friday, October 28, 2011

What is Love?

It was funny, when a friend called me up last night and after a long time of talking, we ended up with the question, what is love?

Since I was in Grade school, that particular question is always ask on autograph and slambooks. I remember, writing:

Love is Blind!
Love is a many splendored thing... (borrowed from a song)
Love is patient and kind...
and so on and so forth...

I answered my friend. "Love is when you allow people to use you for his/her happiness." The reply I got was, "W  H  A  T  ?" And I answered back, hahahaha!... in the real sense of it, I laughed. Because I know what my friend was thinking. With her not fully understanding the meaning of what I have said.

True, love is when you allow people to use you for his/her happiness. Because on the other hand, he/she is also allowing you to use him/her for your happiness. Am I right? But I would say, that there are people who doesn't ask for something in return when they love. People who just doesn't care and luckily there are a few who give back a hundred times the love they are receiving. Scarce tho... LOL!

I for myself, when I fall in love, I gave my all. I am willing to be your friend, your mother, your father, your brother, your maid, your nurse... better than a caregiver. Because a caregiver must separate his/her emotions to the patient; but me, when I am in love, as I have said, I gave my all.

I am not saying that I will be a perfect lifetime partner, or my partner will be the luckiest guy on earth if he chooses me. Because I am not perfect and I have flaws too. But I am very much willing to learn and be part of the team. hehehe...

First and foremost, I believe in financial security. Both partners must have it. Money and sex are the most common problem in relationship. Although I am always saying that, money can't make me happy because I go for simplicity and stress free life. But not to the point of just letting the chances of making a better paying job pass me by. Or any chance of making good money slip away.

Sex?... oh please come now while I am still young... And I will be your slave.. hahaha....

Where am I going here? hahaha...

I am the type of guy, who would never let a job go, because I cannot let my mind go crampy and rusty and useless. I will always be doing something to enhance my brains. making sure that I watch the news in the morning to know what's happening. To carry on a conversation. But on the other hand, I will be very happy to:

1, go home early making sure that dinner is ready.
2, the house is clean and organize. to make it homey and pleasant
3, make sure that the bed is warm and comfortable to lay down after the day of labor
4, that the bathroom is always welcoming for a nice warm shower before and after bed
5, to wake up early in the morning, making sure that fresh brewed coffee is waiting
6, that clean towels and fresh underwears  are ready.
7, a goodbye kiss and a welcome kiss is there
8, have time to do the laundry on the weekends
9, clean freshly ironed sheets every week
and 10, always presentable to my in-laws... (hahaha!)

huh! that's  long list. But that is just a part of it. These are the things that I know would make me love my home and for sure the things that whoever is he, if I am lucky to find home, would surely love. and make him wanna come home and feel confident that anytime his parents or family or friends would be visiting us, he knew that our house is a "HOME!" There is nothing that can compare and can alter "A HOME!" The "IN" feeling of being there. The thing that would make you sad going to a out-of-town conference because you will miss your home. I do not know if people share this with me, but every time I am away, I always miss my bed, my washroom, my kitchen. Everything inside the house.

And so, my friend said, OK! then be ready to be shot in Luneta. FYI, Luneta is the place where our National Hero, Jose Rizal was shot. A Place for martyrdom.... And once again, my reply was, hahahaha... and I know I am annoying her. But that is what I am?  if it means I have to be shot in Luneta then so be it. As long as at the end I will be considered the good guy in the relationship. Well?...

So now, at least my friend would know whom to introduce me. For sure she will be looking for someone who will not manipulate or make a fool of me. Because she knew I have the tendency to be a martyr...

Not at all, I always ask for sincerity and honesty. I am willing to do those for these two...

I don't go for a trophy BF or partner. As long as physically presentable. taller than me. I am 5'4. His job? oh! I don't mind as long as he is working. if he is too rich, willing to sign a prenuptial agreement here. LOL! and willing to break the expenses at home. Or if he is just like me, I am willing to take him and we start our life together. Hopefully not yet late... Age? I don't mind. Age is just a number...

btw, next year will be a sort of reunion for my family. everyone will be going home to celebrate my mother's birthday. All of us are expecting to be home. I am even willing to quit whatever; if that would mean not going home. I have to be home. I miss my Mother's hug and kiss. And my little angels.

I hope I can meet someone who would love to come home with me, know me better, know my family better. And there, decide if he wants to take me. Although all of you are invited to come and visit me when I am there. I will be home to the Philippines on December 16, 2012 and will be staying at least for a month.

I want to see what my family are into, so I can fit in what I have plan for myself and for them. Check out the present projects and the upcoming ones. Click the link [link] so you'll know why I am so eager to come home...

Ok... I'll park for this time... but next post is about my family.

BTW, I hope I made a great deal of selling myself here...

BUT FOR NOW, I'LL START LOOKING FOR FRIENDS IN THE AREA FIRST. AND I AM GETTING LOST OF IT ALREADY. HOPE TO FIND NICE GUYS TO MAKE FRIENDS, REGULARLY GO OUT AND MEET. HOPEFULLY BY THEN, I CAN FIND THAT SOMEONE... LET'S SEE WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN.... PLEASE? If you know one, maybe you can set us up... hahaha... i will greatly appreciate it... I don't bite...

3 comments:

  1. i'm sure you'll find the true love of your life soon because you are one great guy who deserves it. to add to your martyrdom if you may....love is unconditional..

    i love your post jj...so much honesty and sincerity..

    happy weekend my friend! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ParengJJ,
    You are lovable in all respect and all aspects. Looks like you'll have problems choosing rather than the other way round. Have Fun!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there done that- is what comes to mind. My love came when I was not looking. My soul mate, well, atleast he's the one that God brought into my life to balance me out! hahaha For now, enjoy friends, life, and bringing happiness and wonder to those of us who read you. Good things DO come to those who are good- and I have a gooooood feeling, that YOU ARE good :o)
    Much Blessings my new friend- God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Your comment are highly appreciated!.. Maraming Salamat Po!..